Proper window treatment provides you with privacy, protect you from the elements, and add to the overall décor of your home. Choosing the right blinds or drapes can be a difficult decision. You must consider many factors, including your budget, size of the window, the color scheme in your home, and the pros and cons of each type of window covering.
Window Treatment: Factors to Consider When Selecting Blinds for Your Windows
Homeowners tend to choose this option most often to cover large windows or sliding glass doors. Some points in favor of selecting vertical blinds include:
• Available in various heights to cover the largest of windows
• Provides you with necessary protection from the sun’s UV rays
• Easy to wipe clean with no need to remove and launder
• Replacing a single damaged blind panel is typically straightforward and inexpensive
• Adds height to small windows
You also need to consider potential drawbacks and determine if it’s something you can work around or just accept it. The most common ones include:
• Can be noisy when wind blows the panels or when first opening the blinds
• The gaps between the panels can allow sunlight in when you’re trying to sleep
• The panels can wear down due to the swinging motion caused by frequent opening and closing of the blinds
At Daniels’ Homeport Coastal Furnishings, we carry window blinds from the top manufacturers. We are happy to recommend a brand and style that would work best in your home.
Window Treatment: Considerations When Choosing Drapes for Your Home
More so than other types of window treatment, drapes can create a beautiful visual effect and add a sense of style to the entire room. Drapes come in a range of thicknesses depending on how much privacy and protection from the elements you desire. Some of the most significant benefits of drapes include:
• Provides considerable warmth in colder weather
• You can choose from among a wide variety of patterns, sizes, and colors
• No one should be able to see past the window when you pull the drapes closed
Since drapes are larger than blinds, it’s important to realize that they can make a room look smaller than it is. There’s also the possibility of mold growth on the drapes if you place them in a room with high humidity such as the kitchen or bathroom.
Our staff is happy to help you evaluate your window treatment options and select the perfect blinds or drapes for your Coastal Beach home. Contact us and let us know how we can help you.